Join Our Team
Wide Angle Youth Media is currently hiring for a part-time lead Robotics Instructor and a full-time Office Administrator and Programs Assistant. If you are interested in becoming involved with Wide Angle Youth Media but there is not a job that interests you at this time, please know we are also always looking to connect with potential guest artists and volunteers or interns.
PART TIME LEAD ROBOTICS INSTRUCTOR – Middle School Summer Programming
Wide Angle Youth Media is currently hiring an outgoing and team-oriented Lead Instructor to facilitate a two-week Summer Robotics Workshop for Middle School Girls from July 18 – 29, 2016. Wide Angle Youth Media is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides Baltimore youth with media education to tell their own stories and become engaged with their communities. The Robotics Video Workshop is a day program (9:00 – 5:30) comprised of approximately 16 female students aged 10-15 from Baltimore City schools. Throughout the week, students in the program will use Lego Mindstorm kits to create robots that will be featured in a short collaborative video that they make. This is a part-time position that lasts through the week and includes up to 10 hours of anticipated pre- and post-workshop preparation and up to 40 hours during the week of the workshop.
In addition to facilitating the workshop, the LEAD INSTRUCTOR is responsible for the following:
• Working with students to build and program robots using Lego Mindstorm kits that will be incorporated into their video project
• Dis-assembly of the robots at the end of the camp
• Reviewing curriculum and communicating with the assistant instructor before and during each class.
• Participating in meetings with WAYM workshop staff and WAYM Program Manager to write curriculum and prepare for camp
• Keeping track of attendance and paperwork, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
The following skills are required for the LEAD INSTRUCTOR position:
• Experience with robotics and familiarity working with common robotics kits (ie: Lego Mindstorm)
• Previous experience facilitating/teaching K-12 aged youth.
• Ability to communicate effectively with citizens, staff, parents, young people, volunteers, and community groups.
• Familiarity with basic computer operations: email, word-processing, spreadsheets, and basic graphics.
• Enthusiasm and passion for mentoring others and making change in communities.
• Consistent and reliable transportation is required for this position.
How to apply:
• Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include name and position applying for in the email subject line. Interviews will begin May 20, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled. Only applicants selected for an interview will be notified; all finalists must complete a finger print background check.
• Wide Angle Youth Media is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or handicap, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, citizenship status, service member status, genetic information, union affiliation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Office Administrator and Programs Assistant
How would you like to work for a company that is defined by its core values, diverse culture, and professional leadership? At Wide Angle Youth Media, we are currently seeking to hire an Office Administrator who will support the office and Executive Director. This is a full time hourly position (40 hours/week); 10:00am – 6:00pm with Friday flexible hours.
Introduction to Wide Angle
Wide Angle is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides Baltimore youth with media education to tell their own stories and become engaged with their communities. Through quality after-school programming, in-school opportunities, summer workshops, and community events, Wide Angle supports young people making a difference through media.
The Office Administrator and Programs Assistant will be responsible for providing support to 4 full-time staff and 10 part-time teaching staff. The successful candidate will fill many office-specific administrative and outreach roles, and operate as a key part of the organization. Our office environment is high-energy space that thrives with students, staff and non-profit partners. Each day will be dynamic, comprising a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities as outlined below:
General Office Administrative Role (50%)
Events and Outreach (20%)
Executive Assistant (30%)
If you find your interests and skills reflected here, this position may be right for you!
- Like to be a part of an energetic office?
- Have stellar interpersonal skills and enjoy being around young people?
- Have a desire to pursue a career in office administration or a related field?
- Thrive in a non-structured environment?
- Pay attention to detail?
- Have an interest in giving back to the Baltimore community?
- Demonstrate initiative?
- Have a positive and professional demeanor?
- Assertive and proactive?
- High energy, dynamic and positive?
- Good at problem solving?
- Able to prioritize and multi-task fluidly between tasks?
- Team oriented, yet self-directed?
- Committed to improving the lives of young people and Wide Angle’s mission?
- Moderate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in an administrative or customer service oriented role.
This full-time hourly position offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. All WAYM hiring is contingent upon successful state and federal background check clearance. To apply, email your resume and a cover letter detailing your qualifications to email@example.com. Include your name and position in the email subject line (ie: John Doe: Office Administrator Position Application). Phone interviews for qualified applicants will begin on a rolling basis before the deadline, with June 24, 2016 as the last day to apply.
Wide Angle Youth Media is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or handicap, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, citizenship status, service member status, genetic information, union affiliation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.