Join Our Team
NOW HIRING A PART TIME LEAD INSTRUCTOR – Middle School Programming
Wide Angle Youth Media is currently hiring an outgoing and team-oriented Lead Instructor to facilitate a week-long Summer Robotics Workshop from July 20 – 24, 2015. Wide Angle Youth Media is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides Baltimore youth with media education to tell their own stories and become engaged with their communities. The Robotics Video Workshop is a day program (9:00 – 5:30) comprised of approximately 16 students aged 10-15 from Baltimore City schools. Throughout the week, students in the program will use robotics kits to create robots that will be featured in a short collaborative video that they make. This is a part time position that lasts through the week, and includes up to 10 hours of anticipated pre- and workshop preparation and up to 40 hours during the week of the workshop.
In addition to facilitating the workshop, the LEAD INSTRUCTOR is responsible for the following:
• Working with students to build and program robots that will be incorporated into their video project
• Dis-assembly of the robots at the end of the camp
• Reviewing curriculum and communicating with the assistant instructor before and during each class.
• Participating in meetings with WAYM workshop staff and WAYM Program Manager to write curriculum and prepare for camp
• Keeping track of attendance and paperwork, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
The following skills are required for the LEAD INSTRUCTOR position:
• Intermediate – Advanced experience with robotics and familiarity working with common robotics kits (ie: Lego Mindstorm, Boe-Bot Robot Kit)
• Previous experience facilitating/teaching K-12 aged youth.
• Ability to communicate effectively with citizens, staff, parents, young people, volunteers, and community groups.
• Familiarity with basic computer operations: email, word-processing, spreadsheets, and basic graphics.
• Enthusiasm and passion for mentoring others and making change in communities.
• Consistent and reliable transportation is required for this position.
How to apply:
• Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants selected for an interview will be notified, all finalists must complete a finger print background check.
• Wide Angle Youth Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers residents of Baltimore City first.