Join Our Team
PART TIME LEAD INSTRUCTOR – Middle School Programming
Wide Angle Youth Media is currently hiring an outgoing and team-oriented Lead Instructor to facilitate our weekly Baltimore Speaks Out! Programs Wide Angle Youth Media is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides Baltimore youth with media education to tell their own stories and become engaged with their communities. The Baltimore Speaks Out! Program is an after school program comprised of approximately 18 students aged 10-15 from Baltimore City schools. Throughout the spring semester, students in the Baltimore Speaks Out! Program meet twice a week to learn video production, photography, critical thinking, and leadership skills while engaging in their communities. This is a part time position that lasts throughout the academic year of approximately 12 hours per week.
In addition to facilitating the workshop, the LEAD INSTRUCTOR is responsible for the following:
• Working with students to produce and complete a short video that will be screened at the end of the program.
• Post-production work will be required.
• Reviewing curriculum and communicating with the assistant instructor before and during each class.
• Oversee the Supper Program by serving food to students and keeping track of reporting paperwork as necessary.
• Making recruitment presentations in the community.
• Participating in weekly meetings to discuss classroom progress and review curriculum with the Program Manager.
• Organizing production field trips, a recruitment event, and a closing ceremony event.
• Acting as an advocate and leader in recruitment and community outreach to create awareness of the program.
• Completing daily reports after each class, keeping track of attendance and paperwork, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
• Participating in weekly staff meetings.
The following skills are required for the LEAD INSTRUCTOR position:
• Advanced experience with video production, video editing, photography, lighting, and audio recording.
• Previous experience facilitating/teaching K-12 aged youth.
• Ability to communicate effectively with citizens, staff, parents, young people, volunteers, and community groups.
• Familiarity with basic computer operations: email, word-processing, spreadsheets, and basic graphics.
• Event planning skills are a plus.
• Enthusiasm and passion for mentoring others and making change in communities.
• A vehicle is required for this position.
How to apply:
• Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a link to your online media portfolio to
email@example.com. Only applicants selected for an interview will be notified, all finalists must complete a finger print background check.
• Wide Angle Youth Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers residents of Baltimore City first.