Join Our Team
If you are interested in becoming involved with Wide Angle Youth Media but there is not a job that interests you at this time, please know we are also always looking to connect with potential guest artists and volunteers or interns.
PART TIME LEAD ROBOTICS INSTRUCTOR – Middle School Summer Programming
Wide Angle Youth Media is currently hiring an outgoing and team-oriented Lead Instructor to facilitate a two-week Summer Robotics Workshop for Middle School Girls from July 18 – 29, 2016. Wide Angle Youth Media is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides Baltimore youth with media education to tell their own stories and become engaged with their communities. The Robotics Video Workshop is a day program (9:00 – 5:30) comprised of approximately 16 female students aged 10-15 from Baltimore City schools. Throughout the week, students in the program will use Lego Mindstorm kits to create robots that will be featured in a short collaborative video that they make. This is a part-time position that lasts through the week and includes up to 10 hours of anticipated pre- and post-workshop preparation and up to 40 hours during the week of the workshop.
In addition to facilitating the workshop, the LEAD INSTRUCTOR is responsible for the following:
• Working with students to build and program robots using Lego Mindstorm kits that will be incorporated into their video project
• Dis-assembly of the robots at the end of the camp
• Reviewing curriculum and communicating with the assistant instructor before and during each class.
• Participating in meetings with WAYM workshop staff and WAYM Program Manager to write curriculum and prepare for camp
• Keeping track of attendance and paperwork, and other administrative tasks as assigned.
The following skills are required for the LEAD INSTRUCTOR position:
• Experience with robotics and familiarity working with common robotics kits (ie: Lego Mindstorm)
• Previous experience facilitating/teaching K-12 aged youth.
• Ability to communicate effectively with citizens, staff, parents, young people, volunteers, and community groups.
• Familiarity with basic computer operations: email, word-processing, spreadsheets, and basic graphics.
• Enthusiasm and passion for mentoring others and making change in communities.
• Consistent and reliable transportation is required for this position.
How to apply:
• Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include name and position applying for in the email subject line. Interviews will begin May 20, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled. Only applicants selected for an interview will be notified; all finalists must complete a finger print background check.
• Wide Angle Youth Media is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or handicap, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, citizenship status, service member status, genetic information, union affiliation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.