Join Our Team
If you are interested in becoming involved with Wide Angle Youth Media but do not see a position that you are interested in at this time, please know we are also always looking to connect with potential guest artists and volunteers or interns.
PART TIME DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS ASSISTANT
How would you like to work for a company that is defined by its core values, diverse culture, and professional leadership? Through media arts education, Wide Angle Youth Media cultivates and amplifies the voices of Baltimore youth to engage audiences across generational, cultural, and social divides. Wide Angle is currently seeking the right candidate to take on a role as a Development and Communications Assistant. This is a part time position with an hourly wage of $18-20 per hour depending upon experience. This new position will average 15 hours per week, with additional seasonal hours in the mid to late fall that may offer up to 25-30 hours per week. As with many positions at Wide Angle, there may be room to grow in the organization over time for the right candidate. Our office environment is high-energy space that thrives with students, staff and non-profit partners.
The Development and Communications Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director and the Development and Communications Director to help with a variety of tasks, including the intake and record management of individual donations, grant writing, and coordinating the annual fundraising event. This position will also help to inform and inspire audiences by sharing Wide Angle Youth Media’s mission and work through targeted communications, including on the organization’s website and social media.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Process contributions, including donor acknowledgement, database management, and donor list upkeep.
- Assisting with researching, soliciting, and writing proposals and reports for foundations, individuals, public agencies, and corporations where needed.
- Assist with the event planning of the organization’s annual fundraiser and other special events as needed.
- Implement strategies for the annual appeal.
- Help to plan and develop media releases aligning with the organizational strategy, including e-blasts and blog posts.
- Develop content and maintain social media health, including Facebook and Twitter activity.
- Liaise with staff, students, and volunteers to source topical and relevant content.
- Draft correspondence as needed.
- Help prepare mass mailings including mail merges.
- Support the Development and Communications Director in overseeing analysis of website and social media statistics and user feedback.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Impeccable writing skills, with the ability to write clearly and persuasively for diverse audiences.
- A passion for the Baltimore community and current events.
- Fluent in the language of social media, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively.
- Time management is key. This position requires someone with the ability to organize, prioritize, and execute work with little supervision.
- Positive and high-energy attitude that takes initiative naturally.
- A minimum of two years of experience in an administrative or communications field, preferably in a non-profit environment.
- Previous experience in grant writing and/or development.
- Ability to practice teamwork and flexibility while managing multiple projects in a fast paced work environment.
- Strong partnership-building and event planning experience.
- An understanding of a healthy diversified funding profile.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office and Gmail.
- Adobe Creative Suite, Mail Chimp, and Word Press experience preferred.
How to Apply:
Email a thoughtful cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line no later than September 8th. Only applications that have been selected to move forward will be notified. If selected for an interview, you may be required to submit writing samples or complete a writing exercise. No phone calls, please.
Wide Angle Youth Media is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or handicap, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, citizenship status, service member status, genetic information, union affiliation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.