Join Our Team
If you are interested in becoming involved with Wide Angle Youth Media but do not see a position that is a good fit for you, please know we are also always looking to connect with potential guest artists and volunteers or interns.
PART TIME ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR
Wide Angle Youth Media is currently hiring outgoing and team-oriented Assistant Instructors. Through media arts education, Wide Angle Youth Media cultivates and amplifies the voices of Baltimore youth to engage audiences across generational, cultural, and social divides. Our programs inspire creativity and instill confidence in young people, empowering them with skills to navigate school, career, and life. Throughout the semester, students in Wide Angle Youth Media programming meet twice a week to learn video production, photography, critical thinking, and leadership skills while engaging in their communities. These are part time positions that last throughout the academic year of approximately 12 hours per week.
The ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR is responsible for the following:
- Reviewing curriculum before each class with the lead instructor.
- During class, lead small groups, assist lead instructor with all classroom activities, help with set-up and clean-up.
- Post-production work will be required.
- Assisting with the Supper Program by serving food to students and keeping track of reporting paperwork as necessary.
- Plan and teach at least one lesson plan each semester.
- Assist in organizing production field trips, family night and closing ceremony events.
- Various administrative tasks as assigned.
- Acting as an advocate and leader in recruitment and community outreach to create awareness of the program.
The following skills are required for the ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR position:
- Previous experience with video production and advanced editing skills.
- Previous experience working with K-12 aged youth.
- Ability to communicate effectively with citizens, staff, volunteers, and community groups.
- Familiarity with basic computer operations: email, word-processing, spreadsheets, and basic graphics. Illustrator and/or Photoshop experience preferred.
- Enthusiasm and passion for mentoring others and making change in communities.
- A vehicle is highly recommended for this position.
How to apply:
- Please submit a cover letter, resume, and a link to your online media portfolio to
email@example.com. Qualified applicants will be invited to interview on a rolling basis, only candidates selected for an interview will be notified, all finalists must complete a finger print background check.
- Wide Angle Youth Media is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or handicap, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, citizenship status, service member status, genetic information, union affiliation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.